*** Caution: threat of fire. Keep cigarettes, sparks, open up flame, and other resources of ignition far from vehicle. Gasoline, methanol, and also oxygenated fuels are toxic and also flammable and also must be taken on appropriately.
You are watching: How to remove ford fuel line clips
Having problem figuring out how to disconnect your Ford fuel lines? girlfriend may require one of this disconnect tools:
1) A special device is easily accessible from Ford and also other manufacturers for removing the retaining clips. Usage Ford tool T90T-9550-B or C or equivalent. If the tool is not on hand, go onto step 2. Align the slot top top the push connector disconnect tool with either tab ~ above the retaining clip. Traction the heat from the connector.
2) If the special clip device is no available, usage a pair of small 6-inch slip-jaw pliers v a jaw broad of 0.2 in (5mm) or less. Align the jaws of the pliers v the openings the the installation case and compress the part of the retaining clip the engages the case. Compressing the retaining clip will certainly release the fitting, which might be traction from the connector. Both political parties of the clip have to be compressed in ~ the exact same time come disengage.
3) examine the retaining clip, fitting end and connector. Change the clip if any kind of damage is apparent.
4) press the line into the steel connector till a click is heard, describe the clip is in place. Pull on the heat to examine engagement.Hair pin Clip:
1) Clean all dirt and also grease from the fitting. Spread out the 2 clip legs about 1/8 in. (3mm) every to disengage native the fitting and pull the clip exterior from the fitting. Usage finger pressure only; execute not use any kind of tools.
2) understand the fitting and hose assembly and pull away from the stole line. Twist the fitting and also hose assembly contempt while pulling, if the assembly sticks.
3) inspect the hairpin clip for damage, replacing the clip if necessary. Reinstall the clip in place on the fitting.
4) check the fitting and also inside the the connector come ensure liberty from dust or obstruction. Install the fitting into the connector and also push together. A click will certainly be heard as soon as the hairpin snaps right into the appropriate connection. Traction on the line to insure complete engagement.
If the clips look like the orange one in the picture above, you need to push the clip inward and also pull ago on the line to relax it.Spring Lock Coupling:
The feather lock coupling is hosted together by a garter spring within a circular cage. As soon as the coupling is connected together, the flared end of the female installation slips behind the garter spring within the cage that the masculine fitting. The garter spring and cage then stop the flared finish of the female installation from pulling the end of the cage. As second locking feature, many vehicles have a horseshoe-shaped retaining clip that improves the retaining integrity of the feather lock coupling.
Remove the safety and security clip native the fuel lines, the clip is attached come a small wire the keeps it from acquiring lost.
This type of remove tool has actually a hinged facility section that allows you to fit it about the fuel line.
The garter spring is situated inside the fitting and also holds the installation together.
Slide the tool ago to unseat the garter spring on the fitting, and pull back on the fuel heat to separate them.
This form of removed tool snaps over the line.
Slide the tool earlier to unseat the garter spring on the fitting, and pull earlier on the fuel heat to different them.
Be certain to inspect the O-rings for damage; change them if necessary.
See more: " Midsomer Murders The Killings Of Copenhagen, Part 1 &Amp; 2
The O-rings have to be changed if important with the certain ones supplied for the fuel system, a non-specific O-ring can leak.