1. Accountants refer to an financial event together a a. Purchase. B. Sale. C. Transaction. D. Change in ownership.
You are watching: The origins of accounting are generally attributed to the work of
2. The use of computer systems in recording organization events a. Has made the recording process an ext efficient. B. Walk not usage the same principles as manual bookkeeping systems. C. Has greatly affected the identification stage of the accounting process. D. Is economical only for big businesses.
3. I beg your pardon of the adhering to is an external user of bookkeeping information? a. Job unions b. Finance directors c. Company officers d. Managers
4. The beginnings of accountancy are generally attributed to the occupational of a. Christopher Columbus. B. Abner Doubleday. C. Luca Pacioli. D. Leonardo da Vinci.
5. Generally accepted audit principles space a. Revenue tax regulations of the internal Revenue Service. B. Standards that indicate just how to report financial events. C. Theories that are based upon physical legislations of the universe. D. Ethics that have been proven exactly by academic researchers.
6. Which among the complying with is not a part of one account? a. Credit transaction side b. Attempt balance c. Debit side d. Title
7. Credits a. Diminish both assets and also liabilities. B. Decrease assets and also increase liabilities. C. Increase both assets and liabilities. D. Rise assets and decrease liabilities.
8. A debit to an heritage account suggests a. One error. B. A credit transaction was made to a legal responsibility account. C. A decrease in the asset. D. An increase in the asset.
9. The common balance of any type of account is the a. Left side. B. Ideal side. C. Side which boosts that account. D. Side which decreases the account.
10. The double-entry mechanism requires the each transaction should be videotaped a. In at least two various accounts. B. In two sets that books. C. In a journal and also in a ledger. D. An initial as a revenue and then as an expense.
11. An bookkeeping time period that is one year in length, yet does not start on January 1, is described as a. A fiscal year. B. One interim period. C. The time period assumption. D. A reporting period.
12. Monitoring usually desire ________ financial statements and the IRS requires all enterprise to paper _________ taxation returns. A. Annual, yearly b. Monthly, yearly c. Quarterly, monthly d. Monthly, monthly
13. I m sorry of the complying with time periods would no be described as an interim period? a. Monthly b. Quarterly c. Semi-annually d. Annually
14. I beg your pardon of the adhering to are in accordance with typically accepted accounting principles? a. Accrual basis bookkeeping b. Cash basis accountancy c. Both accrual basis and also cash basis accounting d. Neither accrual basis nor cash basis accounting 1
15. The equivalent principle claims that prices should it is in matched v revenues. Another method of stating the rule is to say the a. Assets should be matched through liabilities. B. Initiatives should be matched through accomplishments. C. Dividend to stockholders should be matched v stockholders' investments. D. Cash payments have to be matched through cash receipts.
16. The details for prepare a attempt balance top top a worksheet is acquired from a. Gaue won statements. B. General ledger accounts. C. General journal entries. D. Service documents.
17. Closing entries are vital for a. Long-term accounts only. B. Short-lived accounts only. C. Both permanent and temporary accounts. D. Permanent or real accounts only.
18. A post-closing trial balance will present a. Only permanent account balances. B. Only temporary account balances. C. Zero balances for every accounts. D. The quantity of net earnings (or loss) for the period.
19. The step in the audit cycle that is performed on a routine basis (i.e., monthly, quarterly) is a. Assessing transactions. B. Journalizing and also posting adjusting entries. C. Prepare a post-closing trial balance. D. Posting come ledger accounts.
20. A current asset is a. The last asset purchased by a business. B. An asset i beg your pardon is currently being offered to develop a product or service. C. Usually uncovered as a separate group in the income statement. D. An asset the a firm expects to transform to cash or use up in ~ one year.
21. The standards and also rules the are recognized as a general guide for financial reporting are referred to as a. Usually accepted accounting standards. B. Typically accepted audit principles. C. Operation guidelines. D. Standards of financial reporting.
22. "Generally accepted" in the phrase normally accepted bookkeeping principles method that the principles a. Room proven theories of accounting. B. Have comprehensive authoritative support. C. Have been approved by the internal Revenue Service. D. Have actually been approved for usage by the managements of organization firms.
23. The theoretical framework developed by the Financial audit Standards plank a. Was authorized by a poll of every accountants. B. Are rules the all accountants must follow. C. Is perceived as providing a structure for setting accounting standards for jae won reporting. D. Is legally binding on all accountants.
24. Audit principles need to be a. Proven and tested. B. Hypothesized and also theorized. C. Emerged or decreed. D. Universally accepted.
25. FASB has had actually the responsibility for developing accounting principles due to the fact that the at an early stage a. 1900s. B. 1920s. C. 1940s. D. 1970s.
26. Which among the following is mostly interested in the liquidity the a company? a. Federal government b. Shareholder c. Permanent creditors d. Short-term creditors
27 Which among the following is no a characteristic typically evaluated in assessing financial statements? a. Liquidity b. Profit c. Marketability d. Solvency
28. In assessing the jae won statements that a company, a solitary item top top the financial statements a. Have to be reported in bold-face type. B. Is an ext meaningful if contrasted to various other financial information. C. Is far-ranging only if it is large. D. Should be attach by a footnote.
See more: Los Angeles, Ca 90023 - Grande Vista, 720 S Grande Vista Ave, Los Angeles, Ca 90023
29. Momentary creditors space usually most interested in assessing a. Solvency. B. Liquidity. C. Marketability. D. Profitability.
30. Irreversible creditors room usually most interested in examining a. Liquidity and also solvency. B. Solvency and also marketability. C. Liquidity and also profitability. D. Profitability and solvency